Kitchen Health Hazards
The surfaces in a kitchen that are considered health hazards are probably not at the top of your list of household concerns, but statistics show that a closer look at countertops, cutting boards and other food preparation areas where you slice and dice your way to your favorite meal is warranted.
As stated by Dr. Charles Gerba, a noted microbiologist and professor: “In most cases, it’s safer to make a salad on a toilet seat than it is to make one on a cutting board.”
Let’s look at three common surfaces where there is food contact and what can be done to protect the health of yourself and your family.
We take them for granted as the most common food preparation surface, and yet we often don’t pay enough attention to how clean they are. Especially close to the sink, where most food prep usually takes place. Make it a daily habit, and especially after preparing tasty meals that include meat such as chicken and pork, to use a disinfectant kitchen cleaner and paper towels. But don’t just spray and wipe. Spray the disinfectant cleaner all over the countertop and give it a few minutes to work, and then wipe it off.
As previously mentioned, cutting boards have been known to be so contaminated that toilet seats are considered to have less contamination. Most people, after preparing food, quickly rinse and wipe off their cutting boards, leaving a teaming army of bacteria behind. Just like with countertops, a disinfectant cleaner is important. Even better? Have several cutting boards in your kitchen and after using one, put it in the dishwasher. Done. Clean. Healthy.
Many bacteria tests of kitchen sinks reveal a collection of E. coli. Why? Unless you are on vacation, your kitchen sink is always wet, which is what bacteria thrives on. Add food particles to the mix and the bacteria has a huge buffet to feast upon. Frequently spray the kitchen sink with disinfectant cleaner, give it time to work, and then rinse with hot water. Do this daily. Doesn’t take much time at all.
Of course, when you want peace of mind and a healthy home, especially when you are too busy to do it yourself, call a pro. Your professional cleaning service knows how to clean it all. CLC Extreme Clean Carpet Cleaning 575-937-4385
CLC Extreme Clean Carpet Cleaning 575-937-4385
It’s that time of year when you start planning for family and friends to visit and, since you are hospitable, you start thinking of all the delicious meals, snacks and beverages you will serve them when they arrive.
Despite the very best attempts of you and your guests to keep things on the plate, in the bowl, in the glass and on the spoon or fork, the inevitable happens: Food or drinks spill, and for some reason they always spill on the carpet. Usually white carpet.
There is no need to panic, but there is a need to gather your thoughts, keep your cool and not overreact to the situation. That is difficult when you witness a full glass of merlot splashing onto your white, wool rug in the middle of the living room.
Your first reaction might be to grab a random cleaning product from the collection underneath the kitchen sink. This can be a mistake. Some consumers have been known to use window cleaner, bathroom tile cleaners and other products on carpet.
Instead, keep things simple. Use these three, easy-to-remember procedures:
1. Scrape and Blot: If the spill is food related, scrape up as much as you can. Then, using white, disposable paper towels or white, washable cotton towels, start blotting up the spill. Keep at it until the area you are working on is fairly dry and you have removed as much of the spot as you can. Then…
2. Add product: Using a flip-top or trigger sprayer application, apply small amounts of a product manufactured specifically for carpet fibers. The best products for this can be obtained from your carpet and furniture cleaning company. Blot in between applications, and when the spot is gone, use a little warm water to help remove the cleaning residue, blotting as you do so. Then…
3. Blot some more: When the job is complete, and you are happy with the results, blot until all moisture seems to be removed and then leave a white, absorbent towel on the spot with a weight on the towel, so any remaining moisture wicks up into the towel. Leave the towel in place for several hours.
But when the occasion occurs (and it will) and the spot just won’t come out, stop your work to avoid damage to the color texture of the carpet and “setting” of the spot or stain. Quickly call CLC Extreme Clean Carpet Cleaning your Ruidoso , Alto New Mexico carpet and furniture cleaning specialist.
Carpet Cleaning Tips in Ruidoso N.M. Carpet cleaning is a great household job. It is not simply vacuuming and getting rid of grime that's stuck in the rug fibers. When the grime is not easy to remove, you need to seek the assistance of a certified rug cleaner especially if you have wall to wall rugs which takes hours to do on your own. However, for those who have decided to do the cleaning on your own, we're glad to offer you seven good tips to consider in carpet cleaning:
1. Save time and energy by preparing ahead. Set up your carpet washing supplies in a single bucket and use a protective gown, apron, face mask and gloves for cleaning.
2. Study meticulously the instructions on the carpet cleaning products first before utilizing them. Always follow package directions to ensure safety.
3. Remove most of the furniture and anything that obstructs the rug surface. Let family members leave the area as you clean the carpet.
4. Vacuum the rug first to clear it of dirt that is certainly stuck on the rug fibers.
5. Start cleaning from the surface farthest from the door. If you utilize liquid carpet cleaning shampoo, set up the vacuum as you finish a portion of the area. Do the vacuuming at once and then dry well.
6. Carpet stains are common so you need to spend time in cleaning the stains and grime. A great option is to use vinegar or baking soda paste that can easily remove filth. You can use part vinegar and part water and place in a spray bottle; use this solution to soak the stain away.
7. Finish cleaning the carpet and let everything dry before moving the furniture back.
It is not easy to do the rug cleaning yourself. However, if you think that you are not satisfied with your work and if the spills are really tough, next time you can always consider hiring a professional rug cleaner in Ruidoso New Mexico especially if you want to maintain the good quality of the carpet you bought. Remember that professional carpet cleaners have a lot of experience when it comes to the use of the right shampoo and other cleaning materials for any kinds of carpet. Find out more about a reliable carpet cleaner in Ruidoso, N.M.. Call them now and let them help you.
CLC Extreme Clean Carpet Cleaning 575-937-4385
Washing dishes may seem like a pretty easy chore. But many skip a few steps, thinking they can just get it done quickly. Washing dishes is a task that no one really enjoys.
Here are a few tips to consider to make it a little bit easier and also more effective.
The job of your shower or bathtub is to keep you and your family clean… yet you might have noticed that the shower or bathtub themselves are in need of attention from time to time.
This is Cody The Carpet Cleaner. Please be aware that I offer a high-end cleaning service. I understand that as a student or renter price is very important, but this is not a "Quicky-Budget" option. I perform a minimum of 7 steps to insure quality results.If your primary goal is quality please give me a call 575-937-4385. Thank You.